9to5 Seating respects your privacy
This Privacy Notice is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the information you provide to us in using our websites and the services and products provided through our Sites.From time to time, we may change this Privacy Notice. If we do, we will post an amended version on this webpage. Please review this Privacy Notice periodically.
By using the Site, or sharing your information with us, you accept the privacy practices described in this Privacy Notice.
2. COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
Personal information We Collect Online
We may collect information from you through your use of the Sites and Services:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following personal information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Shop Online. When you place an order on our online store, we, through our third-party ecommerce platform and third-party payment providers, will collect your name, email address, phone number, shipping and billing address, and payment information.
- If you create an account for any of our Services, you will provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and password.
- Order Tracking. When you use our Sites to track your order, you will provide us with your billing or shipping zip code.
- Warranty Request. When you submit a warranty request, you will provide us with your name, phone number, email address, physical address, and any other personal information that you may voluntarily provide.
- Project Sample Request. When you request a project sample, you will provide us with your name and email address. You may also provide us with your physical address and any other personal information that you may voluntarily provide.
- If you apply for a job, you will be directed to a third-party website and asked to log-in or create an account. When you log-in, you will provide your email address and password. If you apply for a job, we, through the third-party website, will collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, and telephone number. You also will be asked to provide other information such as your resume, cover letter, and employment-related information (e.g., desired compensation and start date).
- Contact Us. When you send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way through email or social media channels, we will receive your name, email address, and any other personal information that you may voluntarily provide.
Information as You Navigate Our Sites
We automatically collect certain personal information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information such as which of the pages on the Sites you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Sites.
- Device Information. We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Sites via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Sites via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
- Location Information. We collect location information from the Sites’ visitors on a city-regional basis.
Third Party Information
In some cases, we may receive certain personal information from you about a third party. For example, when you select an Open Position under our “Careers” page, you may “Email this job to a friend” whereby you may provide the email address of a third party. If you submit any personal information about another individual to us, you are responsible for making sure that you have the authority to do so and to allow us to use their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Personal information
We use the information identified above for the following business purposes:
- For our own internal business purposes, such as maintaining and servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling order and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and performing analytics.
- Research, development and product improvement
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services
- For legal, safety and security reasons
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services;
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personal information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- Affiliated Companies. We may share some or all of your information with our parent companies and affiliates.
- Service Providers. We share data with service providers who perform data or site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.) and to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- Professional Advisors. We may share your information with our accountants, attorneys, and other professional advisors that help us in carrying out our business.
- Third Parties Regarding Corporate Changes. IN the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar event, the information will be part of the transferred assets.
- For legal, safety and security reasons. We may disclose information to the law enforcement, court order, regulatory bodies or similar authorities to the extent that we are required by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention
- We may share personal information held about you with your consent with non-affiliated third parties.
3. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update most of your account information on our Site by logging into your account.You may opt out of receiving certain future email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive from us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails or communications related to your account with us.
4. SECURITY and RETENTION
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, no security measures or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 16. If you believe we have done so in error, please notify us and we will terminate and delete your account and all information therein.
6. THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS and websites
To ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share it with to ensure that it is treated consistent with applicable data security and privacy laws. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store and to process payments on our online store. Other than the last four digits of the credit card used in the transaction, we do not collect or receive the payment information provided to Woocommerce.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Sites do not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when they receive “Do Not Track” signals.
Third party Websites
Our Sites may contain links that will let you leave them and access another website. Linked websites are not under our control. Except as stated below, this Privacy Notice applies solely to personal information that is acquired by us on our Sites. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Sites and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Sites.
How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
8. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to a person for the person to license or sell the information to additional persons. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide California residents with a Privacy Notice that contains a comprehensive description of our online and offline practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information and of the rights of California residents regarding their personal information. This section of the Privacy Notice is intended solely for, and is applicable only as to, California residents. If you are not a California resident, this does not apply to you and you should not rely on it.
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal information.”
The CCPA contains an exception that is relevant to us. Some of the CCPA’s privacy rights explained below do not apply to personal information collected in a business-to-business context. That is information reflecting a written or verbal communication or a transaction between us and a consumer, where the consumer is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of another entity and when the communication or transaction occur solely within the context of us conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such entity.
RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED, OR SOLD
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected about you in the 12-month period preceding your request. This right includes the right to request any or all of the following:
- Specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- Categories of personal information that we sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold (if applicable) or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if applicable, selling personal information.
The CCPA defines “sell” to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California resident’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collection of personal information
We currently collect and, in the 12 months prior to the “last updated” date of this Privacy Notice, have collected the following categories of personal information about California residents directly from them and from independent dealers, advertising networks, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms.
- Identifiers (name, alias, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number (only if you work for an authorized dealer and are eligible for SPIFFs and enroll in our SPIFF program/s), driver’s license number)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym or user alias)
- Telephone number
- Employment information (i.e., company name)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Commercial information (records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered; other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Inferences drawn from above information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences
In addition to the purposes stated above in the section “Collecting and Using Information” we currently collect and have collected and sold the above categories of personal information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, or providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our Services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our Services
- Inducing others to buy our products, goods, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following table identifies the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose to service providers or disclosed to third parties in the 12 months preceding the “last updated” date of this Privacy Notice and, for each category, the category of service providers or third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed:
We do not knowingly collect or sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information about you that we have collected. However, per the CCPA, we are not required to comply with a request to delete if it is necessary for us to maintain the personal information in order to, for example, complete a transaction, detect security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise use the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
OUR PROCESS FOR VERIFYING A REQUEST TO KNOW OR DELETE
If we determine that your request is subject to an exemption or exception, we will notify you of our determination. If we determine that your request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure or deletion as applicable.
For requests to access categories of personal information and for requests to delete personal information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of personal information or for requests to delete personal information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of personal information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose personal information is being requested.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct businesses to stop selling your personal information. We do not sell personal information as it is defined in the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a California Resident’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against California residents if they exercise any of the rights provided in the CCPA as described in this section “Notice to California Residents.” As such, we will not deny goods or services to that California resident; charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; provide a different level or quality of goods or services to the California resident; or suggest that the California resident will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we are permitted to charge a California resident a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by the individual’s data.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, and if the request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Sites or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us via any of the following methods:In writing:
3211 Jack Northrop Ave.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
By phone: 1 (310) 220-2500
By email: email@example.com